Call the guy, explain that his billing slipped through the cracks, and that
he presently owes you for 15 months.   Explain that you're going to charge
the current charges to his credit card (no quibble on that) and then ask how
he'd like to pay the rest of what's owing.

I have some customer's who'd cut me a check.   I have some who'd tell me
it's my fault and no way were they paying without an argument.

I had someone call me the other day, because  they were to renew an annual
subscription in December and hadn't gotten a bill.

I dunno how or why they weren't billed, but they were in the system and
flagged to be billed in December, but for some reason, no bill was printed
or mailed.   I like customers like that.   Then there's the other guy who
was 4 months behind, but didn't pay until I visited him twice.

Still, your goal is to retain customers, not get rid of them.

Whatcha gonna do?   I'd try my best to collect, but I don't threaten anyone.
I ask if they can't pay, to call me, and I'll put them on dialup speed until
such time they can, and I'll even forgive past due, if need be.  It costs...
but it pays...  My competition is real nasty with contracts and payments...
This is one way I can "nicely" kick them in the teeth :)

neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net