I didn't make any 'claims' and as for 1,000 cpe, that's possible with wifi(although I'd hate to be one of the end-users). Some of the differences is how happy the customers are(reliability seems to play key here), whether they're business or res., how easy it is to have lower cost employees deploy the network(as opposed to me and other "qualified" or "certified" engineers that charge $10K's more/yr), and how tasked the support and management department is, etc. Things that factor into operating a real world wisp. My kind of business is one I can leave for a vacation or another venture while having confidence the thing is going to continue growing while I'm gone. As for GPS sync. Maybe the cellular guys were wrong the whole time, must be another Moto consipiracy and maybe mention that to everyone that developed 802.16d/e(WIMAX) including your own Alvarion engineers! ;) No GPS is not required, but it sure makes a lot of sense and is arguably 'proper' for a multi cell deployment. I predict this is one of those things that the novice wisp will someday either understand, moved on beyond wireless last mile, or stuck it out and trained their support dept. on how to 'put out fires' for as long as possible. Of course all of this is my opinion but I have to go now...hopfully was enough for everyone to chew on ;)

Jon Langeler
Michwave Tech.

Brad Larson wrote:

Jon, LOL. Our engineers don't watch these threads and they probably
never will and I wouldn't want them to. It's funny that this thread was
started by a very happy Alvarion customer whom just broke the 1,000 cpe
threshold with VL and he's doing the very things that aren't supposed to
be possible according to some posting on this topic!! And the funny part
of it is, VL displaced one of the products mentioned...performance went
up, truck rolls went down, and he sleeps better at night!! This thread
reminds me of a competitor slinging mud 2 years ago saying we couldn't
build a 3 tower network in 5 square miles to connect 2,400
buildings...........Blah blah sync sync... LOL. We not only built that
network but it's a prime example of how if you "KNOW WHAT YOU"RE DOING"
and are "TRAINED AND CERTIFIED" the product works like a charm.
And if a wisp is building a scaling voip/data network canopy is not such
a great solution so the hassle is in the details. Brad