Correct.  Any medium used to deliver broadband can be broken.  However,
frankly due to the fewer points of failure we typically see less downtime on
unlicensed wireless links than we do conventional LEC T1 circuits.

Like many things it all comes down to the geographic area.  Would you expect
a hardline T1 or a wireless T1 to deliver better uptime in or near a
construction site?

Most SLA's I've read (and that we offer if required to do so) are largely
without teeth.  Sure if a client is down an entire day or days on end most
SLA's require some form of credit, but if a client was down for that long
wouldn't you offer the credit in some cases anyway?

Clients that have little threshold for pain due to downtime will quickly
realize they need redundancy.  I love the prospects that claim they have a
zero threshold for pain regarding downtime.  Oh ok, well then you'll need to
move all your stuff into a Co-Lo facility with multiple redundant power,
HVAC, upstreams etc, etc.  That typically is received with silence and they
come back down to Earth.

Bottom line is Internet is only going to become more important in everyday
life.  Five years ago loosing Internet access for a day wasn't the end of
the world...today it can be, but those people know it and plan for it by
having backups in place.

Best,

Brad