I have a suggestion for you... your pricing is currently at $40/month. That's the same price we had for the previous 4 years and we just changed it... to $39.95 and guess what? It made a huge difference. We changed all of our existing customers, and made all the changes on all of our other accounts as well... it cost us a few hundred per month from existing customers, but we have made that back easily by new signups.

There is a HUGE perceived difference from $37.95 to $40 vs $37.95 to $39.95. You should consider such a change... it will make a difference.

Travis
Microserv

Alan Cain wrote:
George Rogato wrote:

Alan Cain wrote:

And quoting unit prices is fully effective enough. One of my POPs has gone from 20 customers to 1 customer, as Qwest has aggressively targeted the area with phone calls to each (!) of my customers 4, 5 and 6 times a week, offering 1.7 Mbps service for 37.50/month. The contract is vaguely and worded in very fine print so no one gets that it is an introductory price, with miscellaneous services and taxes extra. Many will probably rue the day, but I can't hold on to that POP with one customer.

And how the heck did they get so specific on the customer list? Do they offer a cut to judas goats?

They do the same thing around here.

What speeds and price were you offering that they picked of most of your subs?

40.00 per month, 3 Mbps (actual). And we do offer hand holding, antivirus filtering, spam filtering and usually free truck rolls for problems (we only charge for the most clearly definable "not our fault" issues, such as computer repairs).

We pride ourselves on customer service. Every one of the departing has said "so sorry to go - loved your service". Boils down to perfect service and perceived lowest price.