It's more likely that you would get 100 maximum to say I can't comply, since most won't want to make themselves known.

And those 100 would be contacted.

Cripes only a few hundred filled out the 477... you think a few thousand would light a bonfire?

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

I think Steve's point was to contrast Patrick Henry's determination with
some people's attitude that resistance is futile.

Frankly, I think EVERY WISP should file that they are NOT compliant and have
no prospect of being.   The FCC would simply be snowed under attempting to
deal with HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS of individual cases and would end up having
to make some kind of change in the way they do business.

I don't know how many people work there, but for them to adequately deal
with 500, 1000, or even 10,000 "cannot comply" filings, well, I KNOW they
can't.    This would force changes in the way they expect to deal with such
a diverse and LARGE group.    They're used to regulating industries with a
handful of players.  For them to take on regulating an industry with more
operators than telephone companies, radio stations, and cell phone operators
combined is a challenge far beyond what I think they had any inkling they
would be required to do.