Tom

You are calling the Wimax base station an AP, this is not the case they are
true base stations with a large amount of R&D behind them plus most are
licensing code which adds a great deal of cost. I do not think you are going
to see Wimax base stations anywhere near what WISP are used to doing, ever.

This is correct for PtP 25 Watts max EIRP for 3.65Ghz,  but you can do this
now and much more with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz so the power is not the plus. The
plus is that each side of the PtP link must be listed in the central FCC
database so a WISP will know where all the APs are and can make sure not to
cause issues with each other which is what they must do by law.

Any 3.65Ghz that is not listed in the central FCC database is limited to 1
Watt EIRP. But because the noise floor is low your single to noise should be
descent in more locations.

Which goes to the last point, this is NOT 2.4Ghz under part-15. 3.65Ghz is
under part-90 which means all WISP MUST obey the law of the FCC or they will
be forced to take down there equipment and fined for any issues. Also there
is never going to be as must 3.65Ghz equipment out there and no of it will
be AMP to all hell and way over FCC limits. Which means there will be very
little "extra" power creating a every higher noise floor.

Comments?

Sincerely, Tony Morella
Demarc Technology Group, A Wireless Solution Provider
Office: 207-667-7583 Fax: 207-433-1008
http://www.demarctech.com

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the
meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510, and its
disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient intended by the sender of
this message. This communication may contain  confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient and receipt by anyone
other than the intended recipient does not constitute a loss of the
confidential or privileged nature of the communication. Any review or
distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient please contact the sender by return electronic mail and delete all
copies of this communication