On Mar 18, 2008, at 12:36 PM, David E. Smith wrote:

> Cisco gear is well-supported and pretty darned solid, but is often
> many
> times as expensive as the next-best alternative, and the benefits
> don't
> always justify the drastically increased cost.

That is usually the argument, but it does beg the question. If money
wasn't factor would you prefer Cisco?

Anyway, that is a silly question. Here is a better one. I am currently
paying around $3k for Cisco 12008s that are fully redundant, can
handle today's full tables (i.e. greater than 256,000 routes), route
at line speed, support MPLS, etc. Can you name any solution that for
the same cost could achieve equivalent results?

-Matt