Chuck,
I have heard that BPON is on its way out. You are using GPON? How long
have you had it in place? Is this done with passive optical splits 1
by 32? Is it Wave Division Splits? If so how many splits per node?
Still 20km distance by design? I thought there were problems with GPON
not working in 1 by 32? This is very new to me so forgive newbie
questions. If you have a link to an easy to digest primer on GPON for
newbies like me I would appreciate it. I know fiber is not really a
wireless issue itself but I am planning to start building my own fiber
backhauls to my wireless towers and inter-connecting with enterprise
customers along the way using my fiber. I think this discussion is
relevant here.
Scriv