Doug,

There are many cases like yours, that had shown to be successfull, selling
at low margin.  Its sounds like you've found a good way to do it.

However, as a note to others that are thinking to get into that segment of
the market...
There are a couple drawbacks...

Often the support is needed at Night, not days. One must think whether they
want to do a business giving support during that time.
Sure it can be outsouces ($1.50 per sub?), but that takes a significant
chunk out of the monthly if you are charging $5/sub, and it takes away your
correspondance with the subscriber base, which can minimize value add up
sell oportunities.  The outsourced companies usually have protection to stop
service or biill more for it, when exceeding a specified pre-agreed number
of hours of support.  Many building owners pick providers that give good
support, because they don't want to hear the complaints themselves. I'm
aware of one company that changed WISPs 7 times in 7 years, because each new
provider got to many complaints from customers, because the outsourced
supprot was not good enough. When the WISP gets fired in a year, they may
have madfetheir money back for infrastructure, but they spend a lot of time
with no profit in retur, when all said and done. Lastly, tenant buildings
are known for AC power problems, and many infrastructure devices are in
locations not accessible by end users, to check for power or reboot devices,
which means truck rolls.

When ever possible its a good option to work in to the agreement that the on
duty building engineers will take responsibility to check equipment or
reboot it, prior to a truck roll.

Its also should be noted that vandalism can be high. I can;t count how many
truck rolls we had because someone unplugged our gear, stole our Coax
splitters (for their cable :-), even stole our access points for within
their home.  This means you need to think about mounting equipment in a
secure manner, often will all components under lock and key, which again,
can prevent ease to reboot equipment.  Even if teh power coard is outside of
the locked box, its just a matter of time before a maintenance man or
cleaner unplugs it, to plug in their drill or vacume.

I remember one case where an evicted tenant, picked the lock of the
electrical room, set up his sleeping bag on the fllor, and unplugged our
broadband, to plug in his TV and Music keyboard. :-)

I guess what I'm saying is, its not all gravy. It requires a well thought
out deployment, to make it profitable, if charging a low margin.  My
personally opinion, is not to go cheap, but to try and charge top dollar,
and be prepared to give the support, and deploy repliably.