Tom DeReggi wrote:
> There is no benefit for a cable co to offer wifi, when they already
> offer cable, that technically can deliver better speed inside the building.
> So they need to price their Wifi, at about the same revenue that they'd
> receive if they offered Cable in a building that had a wireless
> competitor in the building.

Slightly off topic, but about 6 weeks ago, I was with an MSO who was
talking about rolling out wi-fi along a major street in a major city.

The rational for their purchase goes something like the following:

If I, as an iPhone or laptop owner, could get "free" wi-fi at my
favorite hang out spot if I stayed with them over, say, some other DSL
provider, then I'd be content staying with rather than switch.

These plays are "necessary" (in the minds of some MSOs) to keep their
current customer base.  "Stickiness" is one of the many buzzwords
they've been using over and over and over in our various meetings.