Just recently, somebody posted an arcticle on this list, regarding this. The
FCC ruled forbidding carrier's to force "exclusive contracts" on property
owners. Meaning if the Provider required "exclusivity", that the property
owner had the right to void the agreement, or allow new additional
providers, and the exclusivity clause was not enforceable.
However, this ruling did not restrict a property owner's choice, if the
property owner desired to maintain exclusivity.

I belive this insodent, was actually brought forth via ILEC lobbiest,
stating that pre-exsting Cable Co agreements were preventing FIOS from being
installed.
The FCC said, "to bad if the Cable Cos, made an upfront investment, and
would loose it."  The risk here is that if a WISP required an exclusive
agreement, the exclusive agreement may no longer be inforcible by the WISP.
So the secret to keeping an eclusivity agreement intact is winning over the
landlord's support.

I am not sure what type buildings were effected by this legislation and
ruling, whether it applied to commercial, residential, apartments, versus
Condos.
But it definately applied to residential type properties where Verizon would
want to deploy FIOS.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband