Hi,

In our experience with Trango 900mhz, it does work well in SOME areas.
The biggest thing is making sure you use horizontal polarity as vertical
is pretty noisy (even here in Idaho, we have seen -50 noise across the
entire 900 band in vertical polarity).

The other thing to remember is 900 is not "magic". Yes, it will go
through some trees, and even "through" slight hills, but it is still a
very noisy spectrum. We have installed customers on 900 that work great
for a year, and then all of sudden their connection goes bad. We usually
end up having to do something different (frequency, tower, etc.) to get
them working again.

So yes, it does work, and I would rather install a customer on 900 than
just walk away and say we can't install them... but it does have it's
challenges that are unique to 900. For example, having a marginal signal
on a rooftop, and moving up or down 3-4 feet and having an excellent
signal. ;)

Travis
Microserv