Tom DeReggi wrote:
> However, it also supports my core points... that you do not give 100% of the
> capacity to any one user. (8 out of 10mb still allows some headroom for TCP
> and Bandwidth shapers to self-tune)

You actually can permit the full 10Mb/s bursts under canopy.  As long as
the Canopy AP is the bottleneck, it does a really good job of sharing
the bandwidth among the users.   And, it prioritizes ACK on the return
path as well, so it helps performance there as well.

The other piece that Chuck didn't mention was that their CIR is set much
lower.   That is, you get 10.2Mb/s long enough to download most web
pages, and complete most speed tests, but you can't suck it down
forever.     In short, you are allocating say 2Mb/s (or even less) to
that customer, but allowing them to "store up" the ability to download
at 10.2.    So, in reality, it is quite impossible for a single customer
to consume the entire AP for any meaningful length of time.

-forrest