From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Wu (CTI)
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:45 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Ceragon, Dragonwave and whatelse?

Hi Brad,

>Half mile?  Ours is almost 2.5miles in an RF unfriendly rain zone.  The
link
>has been up for more than a year and the client has been thrilled.  So
>thrilled in fact that we've got another planned for them with a roadmap of
>more to follow.

Being the devil's advocate

I recently priced out Gigaman in my market (1 Gb Ring Protected Fiber) and
got a quote for $2k / month plus $5k build-out

Why would someone want to spend $20-30k on a ptp (and still have to pay
$500-1k / month for roof rights) for a wireless 1 GB link and have to worry
about lightening/rain fade/equipment failures/etc...When the pay-off is 3+
years (not including labor / maintenance / etc)

Or better yet, just string your own fiber...properly done, pole attachment
isn't all too expensive and I'd take fiber of wireless any day

-Charles

confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at
630-344-1586.

----