On Apr 23, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Patrick Leary wrote:

> Matt, you said you needed to provide a reason why you did not suggest
> Aperto. Would it not be preferrable to provide a real reason, not
> something that is based on a weak deduction, e.g. Aperto issues few
> PRs
> so they must not do any business?

I don't believe that is an accurate summarization. You can attack the
messenger if you want, but that doesn't change the public information
that exists. You may not like the conclusions I reached from anecdotal
public evidence, but don't get mad at me; direct your anger to your
marketing department. Of course, you could also point all of us to
real 3650 Aperto deployments actively serving customers. Jeff said he
had a list, but I haven't seen it, which means I can only use the
public information available from Aperto PR and ULS.

> We are not nearly so large as my friends at Alvarion to be sure (who
> uses PRs sparringly, in a manner I support and respect). But we are
> also
> far different then the three small publicly-held companies under very
> severe financial survival diress (as in they have publicly announced
> they are searching for options in order to survive) who need to issue
> customer PRs.

That is a double-edged sword you are wielding. You and Jeff are making
financials of WiMAX vendors an issue. Public companies have audited
financials we can all examine. Where is Aperto's financials for us to
review?

> I'd also argue that we are right-sized for the 3650 space -- big
> enough
> to have some of the best scientific minds in WiMAX (look at our
> patents
> and role in creating the 802.16 standard), yet small enough to
> actually
> REALLY care about the business of North American WISPs, not just
> carriers.

Again, maybe you need to talk to the marking department because your
own website states, "Aperto Networks is the technology leader in the
most challenging segment of the WiMAX equipment market: carrier-class
infrastructure."

-Matt