On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 14:01 -0400, Matt Liotta wrote:
> Those of us operators who actually have experience in the field with
> the gear tend to avoid posting to threads about WiMAX because the
> threads quickly devolve. I suggest you read the archives of this
> mailing list. To summarize though; operators who use WiMAX like it and
> think the technology is actually different and better than what else
> is out there. The people who don't use WiMAX think it is overpriced
> and not particularly interesting.

WiMAX obviously has some things to offer.  It was written specifically
as an outdoor wireless specification.  I think your summarization is a
little short of the truth, though.  It would be nice, IMO, if you, as an
"operator who acutally [has] experience in the field with the gear"
would at least answer the question instead of sitting on a high-horse.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *