From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:02 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Need some quick trango help

Hi All,

Got a strange one here.

I have a 5830 AP with 4 customers on it.  3 have no complaints, 1 gets 300
to 400k downloads and 1000 to 3000 uploads.

All links are less than one mile and are within 1/4 mile of each other.

Two are right across the street from each other.

Yesterday we had a few strange things happen so I went hunting for the
cause.  While looking I noticed customer B was my top bandwidth user and he
stayed there for at least 30 minutes.

As a part of trying to get customer A working better I thought I'd try
turning off customer B (across the street and on the same AP as customer A).

I shut down customer B (oh yeah, all CPE are Fox SE 5800) and ran a speed
test at customer A.  Now they got 6000 down and 5000 up.  Turn customer B
back on and customer A went back down to unusable service.

Here's the strange part, I can run the same speed test at customer B and
they get good speeds all of the time.  8000 to 9000 down, 7000 to 8000 up.
Theoretical max on the Trango system.  So I don't think that they are
causing this problem due to steady usage.

The only thing that's popping out in my mind is that customer B has a newer
radio (it was replaced last year or so).  Could this somehow be a firmware
issue?

Neither customer has a programmed preference over the other one at the AP
level.  The other two customers on the AP haven't called with problems.

If anyone can call me with some advice this am I'd sure appreciate it.
509.988.0260  Customer A (the nearly dead one) has a big project due this
afternoon and I'm at a loss so far.

Thanks,
marlon

----