It's not that easy anymore. Seven years ago when we applied to get our
first ARIN block, it took about 2-3 days and some paperwork. We got a
/18 without too much trouble.

A year ago, we started the process to get another block. This took over
a month, with over 30 emails back and forth, and even then they would
only allocate us a /20 because that's all we would need for the next 2
years. When I asked about year 3 and on, they said "re-apply for more
space then".

Meanwhile, places like Mercedes have a /8 and they are using less than
1% of it. :(

Travis
Microserv