Don't share your root access with anyone.

On 11-Nov-08, at 7:41 PM, Graphics & Web Designing, LLC wrote:

I am sorry to ask this question but I am very curious as to how others feel about this.

I have a client that is purchasing E-mail listings from a company called expedia mail and I Was called and asked for my server's root access information so that they can download their
Software onto my server for my clients email campaign.

I refuse to give anyone access to MY server let alone my root access.

Am I being rude and uncooperative on this or am I right?

According to the lady I spoke with she claims that I am uncooperative and that they have many
Companies give out there root access information to their servers.

I just can NOT put my other clients at risk and give some other company access to my server Where they have full access to my server and all of my clients and my servers information and in Addition they can do as they please once I give them my root access information.

Again, I would like to thank all for reading this post and I do hope this is not against WSG standards. But I am really needing confirmation that I am not losing it and that I was right in protecting
My clients as well as my server.

Sherri
Graphic’s & Web Designing, LLC
(941)876-4609  (941)889-8336 Cell