From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Graphics & Web
Designing, LLC
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:42 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Question on servers and Email campaign

I am sorry to ask this question but I am very curious as to how others feel
about this.

I have a client that is purchasing E-mail listings from a company called
expedia mail and I
Was called and asked for my server's root access information so that they can
download their
Software onto my server for my clients email campaign.

I refuse to give anyone access to MY server let alone my root access.

Am I being rude and uncooperative on this or am I right?

According to the lady I spoke with she claims that I am uncooperative and that
they have many
Companies give out there root access information to their servers.

I just can NOT put my other clients at risk and give some other company access
to my server
Where they have full access to my server and all of my clients and my servers
information and in
Addition they can do as they please once I give them my root access information.

Again, I would like to thank all for reading this post and I do hope this is
not against WSG standards.
But I am really needing confirmation that I am not losing it and that I was
right in protecting
My clients as well as my server.

Sherri
Graphic’s & Web Designing, LLC