To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] First Attempt

kate wrote:

Thanks Hassan,
I am trying to create with notepad the images are fine as is the text but testing a swf which refuses to show anything but a white space. I believe there is a problem with swf in IE and FF.

All good things come to those that wait so they tell me. Everyone has been very kind since I asked and I am very grateful for their replies ( yours too) and links to tuts are going to be a great help to me in the months to come..
Kate

for flash, paths to the files is a normal error that causes that. Depending if it's on your desktop or on the web, there is security on access to local vs remote files to consider as well.
If it is a blank space likely the swf file cannot be found
If online a link usually solves it ;)

Hopefully this can get back on web standards topic...or someone may come along with a big stick...lol

bruce
bkdesign