Seconded ... (or 10th, whatever!)

You (one) really have to be able to handcode. I use Dreamweaver but I always
have it open in both views, never just the design view, and I frequently
swap into the code view only and work on it that way. It¹s the only way to
see what¹s going on, and fix up things that aren¹t working. It¹s the only
way to make sure you are making an accessible website.

I seem to remember I originally learnt from a book called something like
ŒTeach yourself HTML in 14 days¹. It worked! Plus there are heaps of places
online where you can learn too. Some offer online tutorials like the ones
mentioned here, plus plenty of others.  Some places have 6-week courses that
cost about $US25. eg http://www.lvsonline.com . I¹ve done a few courses
there and found them pretty good. I¹m sure there are lots of other similar
places.

Good luck ... :)

- susie