Thanks. I need to look into it and run a few tests.

I think it may not be a safest approach as I vaguely remember I experienced a
few issue using @import with CSS compression and CSS file merging script.
Script that brings CSS3 selectors for IE such as selectivizr also cannot handle
@import properly - I only tried it once and two style sheets are using @import
but are placed inside a main style sheet.

tee