      From: Bob KD7YZ <kd...@denstarfarm.us>
 To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
 Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 7:03 AM
 Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] r7178 was working and now uses 49% CPU

On 14-Oct-16 0752, Bill Somerville wrote:

> You have not said what is not working.
core-2 E6750 2.6ghz fwiw

The WSJTx program is soooo bogged down that often it say7s not
responding; the fast graf starts and stops; Rx bar often shows red and
105% to 160% ... i don't have cursor control of the WSJTx window ,,,, if
I make a selection "Help" for example, then the pgm might respond in 10
seconds bringing up the drop-down.

need I go on ... ? .. but it ALL was fine yesterday and this mornjing at
0400 ,, no hangups .. suddenly the CPU maxed out and remains so ater
rebuild and computer reboot.

Chuck, there are no sub folders ... all that I see after running the
pre-canned build batch fine given to me is one folder of new(ish) exe's

 Assuming you have a dual core CPU
> or a single core with hyper-threading then it would seem that the MSK144
> decoder is fully utilizing one CPU thread and the other is available for
> everything else like the user interface, rig control, audio streaming etc..
>
> Do not expect to be able to run other CPU intensive applications on a
> slow single or dual core processor while decoding on MSK144 mode, the
> decoder has to do a lot of work to continuously scan the incoming audio
> for potential decodes.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.