Just say'n-

Strong propagation can make a low power station decode with a high signal
report.
If you retire the strong signals first you will hear the weak signals under
neigh them.
Finally, short of checking Hamspots [hopefully the station is reporting to
H.S.] how is an Op to know what his report is at the FOX?

Just say'n....

Bill W2PKY