If there are strong signals, those close ALC and weak signals have no chance
then. If there is only one, I can use notch on my FT950 and it helps a bit. But
in many cases there is more than one over +10dB, so it's difficult to catch
some DX sometimes. In some cases is possible turn the main knob up or down to
cut part of band with roofing filter, but some possible split callers are lost
then..

Odesláno z mého chytrého telefonu Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Původní zpráva --------Od: Bill Barrett <w2pky...@gmail.com> Datum:
24.03.18  14:13  (GMT+01:00) Komu: WSJT software development
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> Předmět: Re: [wsjt-devel] New FT8
Frequencies?
Just say'n- Strong propagation can make a low power station decode with a high
signal report.If you retire the strong signals first you will hear the weak
signals under neigh them.Finally, short of checking Hamspots [hopefully the
station is reporting to H.S.] how is an Op to know what his report is at the
FOX?
Just say'n....
Bill W2PKY

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 12:40 AM, Gary McDuffie <mcduf...@ag0n.net> wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 12:50 PM, rjai...@gmail.com wrote:

> How do you know we're running power?

I said nothing about running power.  I said strong signal, wanting to have a
way to only allow display or decode of weaker signals, the level of which I
determine and set.  This is similar to the function available in DXpedition
mode.

Gary - AG0N