Tail-ending a QSO that way is not good as you don't know if any repeats are
going to occur on the QSO that's in progress\ which see to happen quite a lot
I see very little tail-ending going on (in fact almost none).
I never tailend a QSO that way...working them split is the way to go.
I don't know about everybody else but 100% of my cases when I double-click such
an entry I have to turn off Enable Tx as that's not the behavior I want.

Mike

    On Monday, October 15, 2018, 11:39:34 AM CDT, Bill Somerville
<g4...@classdesign.com> wrote:

 On 15/10/2018 17:07, Black Michael via wsjt-devel wrote:
> One other thing we seem to need is double-clicking on a message that
> is not a CQ or does not contain your callsign should not enable
> transmission.  Can't think of why you would want to transmit in such a
> situation and is much more likely to cause QRM than anything
> else....particularly in FT8.

Hi Mike,

I don't see a problem with what you describe above, this is how to
tail-end a QSO, should be normal practice and rather than causing QRM
does the opposite by making a QSO without the running station having to
call CQ again.