On 23/05/2020 23:16, Bill wrote:

I am having an issue connecting a Yaesu FTDX-101MP to WSJT-X on a Mac. I’m able to get the receive Audio Codec to work properly and I can see decodes but I get a “Rig Failure - Hamlib Error - Invalid configuration while opening connection to rig” whenever I do a Test CAT. I am unable to get WSJT-X to establish control communications with the radio. I’ve seen online suggestions that say use the HamLib FT-991 selection. I am using the regular WSJT-X version 2.1.2. I am also just using a USB cable from the radio to the Mac which is running High Sierra. I am using the following settings:

WSJT-X

RADIO TAB

Rig: Yaesu FT-991

Serial Port: /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART1

Note: Installed latest Silicon Labs Drivers - Also Available selections:

/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART1

/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART

/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART

Baud Rate: 38400

Polling Interval: 1S

Data Bits: Eight

Stop Bits: Two

Handshake: Hardware

Force Control Lines: Both Empty

PTT Method: CAT

Mode: None

Split: Rig

AUDIO Tab

Input - USB AUDIO CODEC
Output - USB AUDIO CODEC

FTDX101MP Menu

FUNC --> Operation Settings
General
232C RATE - 38400
CAT RATE - 38400

FUNC --> RADIO SETTINGS
MODE SSB
SSB MOD SOURCE - REAR
REAR SELECT - USB
RPORT GAIN - 10
DATA MODE SOURCE - REAR (This is the default)
REAR SELECT - USB
DATA OUT LEVEL - 10
RPORT GAIN - 10

RADIO MAIN PANEL & DISPLAY

R.FIL - 3kHz
WIDTH - 4000Hz

APPLE COMPUTER

USB AUDIO CODEC 1 Format: 2 ch 16-bit Integer 48 kHz
USB AUDIO CODEC 2 Format: 2 ch 16-bit Integer 48 kHz

Any ideas what might be the issue in getting this going? Has anyone else been able to get a FTDX-101MP working with WSJT-X? Do I need to install a newer version of HamLib for this new radio?

Thanks!

Bill - AK6A

Hi Bill,

try with "Settings->Radio->Handshake->None".