I find this interesting because a while ago I suggested something similar
where the system clock could be adjusted in order to synchronise with and work
rare DX stations whose clocks were significantly erroneous. I started
experimenting but lost interest when the particular problem I was having  with
an African station just went away.
There is nothing wrong  with adjusting the system clock if it is wrong. Many of
us use the Thinking Man software Dimension 4 which indeed does adjust the
system clock.  There is similar software for other operating systems."Simply
put, Dimension 4 is the fastest and easiest way to synchronize your computer's
clock if you're running a Windows-based operating system. Once Dimension 4 is
installed, you'll most likely forget that it's even running. It's that
automatic."
The only scenario where I see that a utility to adjust the system clock is
required is where you are unable to connect to the internet or other time
standard.
I would not wish to burden the developers with the task of incorporating this
into WSJT-x. Instead I believe it should be a small stand alone application. It
does not need fancy algorithms. By inspection of the DT column in the Band
Activity window and ignoring outliers, if the balance between positive and
negative delta times is off then you would press a button to nudge the system
clock by (say) 1/10th of a second until the balance is restored.
Anybody ?
73 de  G4SWY Del +++

    On Thursday, 4 March 2021, 15:53:04 GMT, David Smith <dsm...@mypchelp.com>