On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Paul K <paulclin...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > It seems like the required addition to the manifest is quite simple
> (as per
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb773175(v=vs.85).aspx
> ):
>
> okay, I managed to get my application running with the right manifest
> (and I'm even using mingw instead of VS). What I mentioned earlier was
> correct, but I was missing a proper way to reference the manifest.
>
> It turned out that the way I included manifest was not correct as my
> .rc file had "1 RT_MANIFEST zbstudio.manifest" and it should have been
> "1 24 zbstudio.manifest". After I added the correct reference (and
> included <dependentAssembly> reference)  the manifest was recognized
> and I could run my application using wxlua 2.8.12 DLLs and could see
> the expected results.

I just added a resource and manifest file for wxLua's lua.exe, but it
didn't change how the calendar control looked.

http://sourceforge.net/p/wxlua/svn/190/
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/include/wx/msw/wx.manifest

Is there anything that you did differently?

> Unfortunately, this doesn't really help me as I was hoping to
> reference a DLL that is included with Windows, rather than ship mine,
> but maybe this will help others...

I don't know what you mean. What DLL is included with Windows that you ship?

Regards,
    John