On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Milind Gupta <milind.gu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>     From the wxWidgets forum I found out that wxDatePickerCtrl-1 which is
> displayed when I use Lua which uses the wx.dll is the generic control while
> wxDatePickerCtrl-2 is the Native windows control. Also in windows wxWidgets
> automatically uses the native control unless we explicitly use the
> wxDatePickerCtrlGeneric
>          So does anybody have any idea why the wx.dll uses the generic
> control for wxDatePickerCtrl. This is just one difference as mentioned in
> the email chain below there are other differences as well.

 I don't know exactly what two versions of wxLua you're using and where you
got them, but I recommend using the ones here :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxlua/files/?source=navbar

The calendar control I see in wxLua and the Windows 7/8 calendar when shown
when you left-click the clock in the lower-right are the same and they look
like the image wxDatePickerCtrl-1, like this :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb760913%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

wxDatePickerCtrl-2 is maybe the old-style calendar control from Windows-XP.

I don't know how the two versions of wxLua manage to show different
controls, unless you're running them with different paths to comctl32.dll.

Regards,
    John