Thanks John for putting time on this. When I posted this question on
wxWidgets (http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37587) they
also said about the manifest file. I didn't explore it further from there.
      But would not the manifest file not compiled with the wx.dll itself
why would Lua need to be compiled with it?

Thanks,
Milind