Hi Paul,
          Thanks for looking at this. Actually it is not just Lua 4
windows. If you just download the wxlua binary for windows and copy
editor.wx.lua to the bin directory which has all the executables and run it
with lua and also run it with wxluafreeze.exe you will see the same
differences. So either the wx.dll in the wxlua distribution is different
somehow than wxluafreeze's statically linked library or wxluafreeze does
something extra than just having the wx library.
          I am really curious to find out about this since it raises a
question in my mind is whether wxlua is truly a lua module or it is a
separate lua distribution.

Thanks,
Milind