Hi Jan,

On Mi 15 Feb 2012 23:15:31 CET Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Wednesday 2012-02-15 10:27, Mike Gabriel wrote:

Hi Michael, hi Jan, hi all,

most of Jan's patches have been included (accepted) by NX
(redistributed).

This implies what? I thought NoMachine closed down NX such that X2go
is now "without a parent" so to speak, and thus the new authoritative
source. Or not?

NoMachine is still active on NX 3.5. And, they have a high latency responsiveness compared to other upstream projects.

X2Go acts as a buffer. We are not NX original upstream. We are redistributors. And: we have a pile of patches that we include with ,,NX (redistributed)''.

I personally have contact with NoMachine, but their replies are very general and not very precise on what patch they include and what not and when that might be. ,,NX (redistributed)'' aims at being independent from that.

Our Git structure, however, is patch based. So we can easily import newer NoMachine tarballs, see the diff to the former tarball. After a tarball import from NoMachine we have to adapt our patches.