On Wednesday 2012-02-15 23:56, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Xcomp, Xcompext and Xcompshad are specific to NX and did not clash with
>> any Xorg-X11 lib, so I chose not to add a prefix at first. But I do not
>> really mind them getting a NX_ prefix either. The pkgconfig files also
>> need updating, they still show the old names.
>
> There some more, how about those?
>
> mike@minobo:~/MyDocuments/4projects/nwt-git/build/cowdancer$ dpkg -L libnx-x11
> | grep -v NX_
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libximcp.so.2
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libxlcDef.so.2
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libxlcUTF8Load.so.2
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libxlibi18n.so.2
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libxlocale.so.2
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/libxomGeneric.so.2

ximcp et al is not installed by `make install`, hence it was left untouched.
That is also my beef with all the non-NX-inherited packages (x2goclient,
x2goserver), that there is no, or an incomplete `make install` and
therefore have to tediously call install(1) manually in rpmspec's
%install.

>>> REJECTED!
>>> libXcomp* are unusable outside of the /usr/${libdir}/nx context. So it is
>>> misleading to place them into /usr/${libdir}. Thus -> patch denied.
>>
>> The three libs are placed into /usr/lib/nx while all the other
>> NX-specific libs are in /usr/X11R6/lib/nx.. an inexplicible
>> discrepancy. Suffice to say /usr/X11R6 is obsolete now and the libs
>> that previously lived there are now in /usr.
>
> Oh... we (Debian packaging) install into /usr/lib/nx/X11... So this should be
> fixed in the Imake files?

As per the Makefile (for example, compshad's Makefile):

        $(INSTALL_LINK) libXcompshad.so.3       $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/lib/nx

Therefore, the libs will be placed - by default - into /usr/lib/nx
(assuming prefix=/usr). How you manage to get it into /usr/lib/nx/X11
I will declare as a riddle, but I guess the culprit are Debian's
debian/*.install files which seem to completely throw `make install`
results overboard.

>>> Partially accepted:
>>> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commitdiff;h=c26e4bd825826462fc73242f94369555ae0f44fe
>>
>> The question here is whether someone populated the SO version with
>> the package version because they had nothing better to do, or
>> because they are vowing to newer remove/change any existing interface
>> until .so.4. There was no way to tell, hence using this patch.--
>> which, as I review it, notice that it is incomplete.
>
> Incomplete in what way?

If one chooses to use libXcompshad-3.5.0.so, the SONAME should
reflect that and (as a result) there should be no libXcompshad.so.3
link either (because the SONAME is not libXcompshad.so.3 any longer).

>> Actually I threw this patch out again and replaced it by
>>
>> %prep
>> # Need to do this since %%nxprefix (resp. %%_libexecdir) is variadic.
>> perl -i -pe 's{^(#define ProjectRoot)\s.*}{$1 %nxprefix}' \
>>       nx-X11/config/cf/site.def;
>>
>> because libexecdir is not necessarily /usr/lib, but e.g. /usr/libexec.
>>

>I will build a preview tarball of nx-libs soon. Could you simply patch against
>that one?

It's a command inside the nx-libs.spec file I have. It is nothing
that could be patched in nx-libs/, because nx-libs does not provide
for something like

./configure --libexecdir=/usr/myfunnyplace/NX3

to be run.