Hi,

can somebody help me with the connectivity for a Kobo, please?

On this page
http://max.kellermann.name/projects/xcsoar/kobo.html

it says under Connectivity:

A) the Kobo has an on-board TTL port

B) connect a USB-RS232 adapter to the Kobo’s micro-USB socket with a
USB-OTG adapter

C) connect to a WiFi adapter (e.g. to BlueNMEA running on an Android)

How exactly can I implement C) ? Can I use Kobo's WiFi? How can I
configure BlueNMEA so that it streams out over WiFi? Or am I totally
wrong here?

For B)
I have a USB-RS232 adapter. Can I buy just any USB-OTG adapter? I (kind
of) understand OTG. So what's not clear to me is what the adapter has to
do with the Kobo. Does it just provide the electrical connection and the
Kobo supports OTG protocol already? Or is the adapter supposed to do
some sort of protocol conversion between USB client on the Kobo and USB
client on the USB-RS232 adapter? Who enumerates and powers the USB-RS232
adapter?

For A)
I have seen one serial port on the PCB in the Kobo. It's running at 3.3V
logic levels. So a level shifter (MAX 232 or similar) is needed and some
sort of connector to connect it to a FLARM, for instance. And I guess
the power supply is going through the microUSB. Right? Has anybody a
nice idea how to solve the mechanical challenge (connector, mounting,
power supply)?

One last question: is the goal to make Kobo work with IOIO in the 6.7.
release? Or did I misunderstand that?

Ronald