On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Major Hayden wrote:

After removing libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl, I noticed that libvirt-daemon-xen was removed along with it as a dependency. Creating VM's failed again with an error during the hotplug of the vif. I decided to get a little more forceful:

 yum -y install libvirt-daemon-xen
 rpm -ev --nodeps libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl

I restarted the libvirtd daemon and now I'm creating VM's without any errors. Am I alone on this one? I was about to pop something in Bugzilla for it but I figured I'd ask the list just in case. If this belongs on the fedora-virt list, please throw a large piece of furniture in my general direction and I'll try to remember next time. ;)

libvirt-daemon-xen is just a metapackage which pulls in packages you might want to use when using libvirt with xen, so it will go if you remove libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl but removing it doesn't change anything else. I suspect it was the libvirt restart that fixed your problems.

        Michael Young