On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 06:54:16PM +0100, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 15:30 -0600, Major Hayden wrote:
> > On Feb 8, 2013, at 6:11 PM, M A Young <m.a.yo...@durham.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > libvirt-daemon-xen is just a metapackage which pulls in packages you
> > > might want to use when using libvirt with xen, so it will go if you
> > > remove libvirt-daemon-driver-libxl but removing it doesn't change
> > > anything else. I suspect it was the libvirt restart that fixed your
> > > problems.
> > >
> > >   Michael Young
> >
> > Thanks for that quick reply.
> >
> > I went through the whole process on a new server this afternoon and Xen is
> > running fine.  You're probably right about that libvirtd restart being the
> > critical piece.  Thanks again for your hard work with Xen. ;)
> >
> Ok, so it seems the package we want (for now) to be installed is
> libvirt-daemon-driver-xen, and not libvirt-daemon-xen... Does that
> sounds right?

No, people want to be installing 'libvirt-daemon-xen' in most
circumstances. This has deps to ensure that you have all the
"recommended" packages required to run libvirt + xen together.
libvirt-daemon-driver-xen, is just the bare minimum libvirt
driver and nothing else, so is not what users typically want.

Daniel