inline....

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Marco Strullato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Marco Strullato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [convirt-users] edit remote vm files and vnc console
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: xenman-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 2:28 AM
> Hi, thank you for the replay:
>
> > -- What distribution ? version ?
> the software I'm using on the console server is xen 3.2
> on centos 5 32
> bits, convirt 0.9; into the xen servers, centos 5 with xen
> 3.2 32 and
> 64 bits, managment ssh on port 24

Thanks for the info.

> I verify that gnome-vfs2 is trying to connect to port 22
> instead of
> port 24 that I specity into convirt.conf. How can I change
> convirt.conf so that convirt connects to port 24 instead of
> port 22?

May be a bug.. let  me check. Will get back to you.

> > -- For VNC, from the convirt machine...try the
> following.
> >   ssh -X root@<host> vncviewer :<domid>
> >   If u have specific port for ssh, try ssh -p
> >  (Probably port 24 as seen from your config.)
> >  (You can find domid as first column in the convirt VM
> list view on the right, when you select the server.)
> >  Let us know if that works out.
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ssh -p 24 -X hyp11 vncviewer :1
> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for
> X11 forwarding.
> VNC Viewer Free Edition 4.1.2 for X - built Mar 14 2007
> 23:13:57
> Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
> See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
> vncviewer: unable to open display ""
>

> unfortunately I have the same results..
>

> > -- On the managed server, execute the command and send
> in the output.
> >   netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep 59
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# netstat -lnt | grep 59
> tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5900              0.0.0.0:*
>      LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5901                0.0.0.0:*
>      LISTEN

Can you do :
ssh -p 24 -X
And then echo $DISPLAY.

Please check your login scripts for the root user too see it eh DISPLAY is
getting unset.

> > -- When you select a VM and choose Edit Settings..
> what happens.
>
> If I select edit It happens anything but if I select chenge
> a pop up
> windows opens.

Bit unclear on when you dont get anything and when does a pop up window open.
What does open window look like (title, contents..) ?

Can you please check the convirt.log and send me errors/Exception.

/Jd