Hi,

Stefan Schaal wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
>
>   thanks for the feedback. We have 32 bit DIO on subdevice #2, and I am not
> sure that there is anything special to be configured. I will check again.
> Feel free to log into our machine with the pwd I indicated to you some time
> ago. The computer is not used productively.

Sorry for answering late, I was unavailable.

My question was: did you ensure that the digital line were properly
modified after having launched cmd_bits ?

As I said, the digital output system does not consume the data (now I
am sure). I instrumetented the code and I found out that the mite
copied about 8000 bytes from the RAM and filled the digital output
FIFO. Then, the DO FIFO status register keeps on indicating the FIFO
is full. Nothing happens, the digital output system does not retrieve
data from the FIFO.

I tried to find out why and I had a close look at the driver: I
noticed that no sample clock was configured. The driver only proposes
to use an external signal (from the digital system, so AI/AO clocks,
counters, PFI, etc.) as sample clock. Unfortunately, I do not know
which value corresponds to which clock source.

I had a look a the DAQ documentation: unfortunately the M series
digital system is different (the DAQ-STC document is not valid for
this board). I tried to find the M series developer manual but it is
unavailable according to the NI support. I found a document named
mseries_registermap.doc in:
http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exyv4w?opendocument

Unfortunately, it does not tell how to configure the sample clock
source (I know which register I have to fill, but I do not know which
value to put so as to use AI clock, digital counters or PFI...)

So, I am kind of stuck. I will proceed on looking for the missing
pieces of information. Please, if anyone have the info (the mapping
between the "CDO_Mode register" values and the sample clock source),
do not hesitate to help us.

--
Alexis.