I started to translate XFCE4 by downloading <lng>.po translation files, work on them and sending my work to official Serbian translator, @mirosnik. It was good way to test someone new (me) back then. There is no reason to let  rookie with no evidence of skills to mess around ready-to-use translations with no one above him to check quality. Please, Duch translators, make direct contact(s), cooperate instead complaining on the list.

Дана 14.2.20. у 13:21, Elishai Shkury пише:
Hello Pjotr
We prevent potential damage with backups and quality control.
Indeed, we can not let everybody that wants to, loose on the translations.
But at the same time users who wish to participate should feel welcome and have
a transparent way to voice their opinion.
"Sorry no vacancies" would have caused me to switch to another desktop
environment.
Communication by email isn't transparent to potential volunteers and is lost
when someone leaves the project.
Transifex is not the perfect platform for translation, but this is what we have.
In my humble opinion, Stef and Benno should have been allowed access.
Modifications to existing translations should be performed by majority rule.
Regards,
Elishai