Gerald Bauer wrote:
  "It is much a 'XUIL' as XHTML. More so, in fact, by
design."

  "I don't really understand the term 'XUIL', though,
it's a bit like 'UUIL' ('Unicode User Interface
Language') or 'UILUET' ('User Interface Language Using
English Tags') -- highlighting one minor aspect of the
language to  the exclusion of others."
[Quotation above added.]
[Snip.]
  Hear. Hear. Wasn't Mr. Ian "Hixie" Hickson the
leading advocate for using the XUIL acronym here on
xul-talk?

I think it would be a bit more accurate to say he was an advocate of NOT using "XUL" as a generic term. He probably doesn't remember actually suggesting the acronym "XUIL".

> Is WAML the new XUIL?

I don't understand the question, especially regarding "the", since it is clear that no one was suggesting using the acronym "WAML" to replace "XUIL".

As for whether WAML is A new XUIL, Ian clearly stated in the same email you quoted from that WAML will simply be part of the next version of HTML. The idea is that HTML itself will become more like a basic XUIL.

A good question is whether giving HTML more XUIL-like features makes HTML an XUIL in itself. If that's the case, HTML widget programs like Apple's Dashboard may become the dominant web applications platforms.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by OSTG. Have you noticed the changes on Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the past few weeks? Now, one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG- Open Source Technology Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site. www.ostg.com _______________________________________________ xul-talk mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xul-talk