Hello Matthew,

> I think it would be a bit more accurate to say
> he was an advocate of
> NOT using "XUL" as a generic term. He probably
> doesn't remember actually
> suggesting the acronym "XUIL".

  Well, as far as I remember Mr. Hickson coined the
acronym "XUIL". I guess Mr. Hickson is not a proud
father of his creation.

>> Is WAML the new XUIL?
>
>     I don't understand the question, especially
> regarding "the", since
> it is clear that no one was suggesting using the
> acronym "WAML" to replace "XUIL".

  Well, if noone was suggesting WAML for using as a
generic term to replace XUL I'm suggesting it now.

> As for whether WAML is A new XUIL, Ian clearly
> stated in the same
> email you quoted from that WAML will simply be part
> of the next version
> of HTML. The idea is that HTML itself will become
> more like a basic XUIL.

  Well, Opera and Mozilla *hope* that WHATWG WAML will
be part of the next version of HTML. As far as I know
the W3C is the steward of HTML and so far hasn't
endorsed the renegade WHAT WG and their redefinition
(or some might say hijacking) of HTML to serve the
interest of Opera and Mozilla.

   - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

XUL Alliance | http://xul.sourceforge.net
United XAML  | http://xaml.sourceforge.net

Interested in hiring Gerald Bauer? Yes, I'm available.

If you know of an opportunity in Toronto or Vancouver,
please contact me today.