On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Gerald Bauer wrote:

>> I don't really understand the term "XUIL", though, it's a bit like
>> "UUIL" ("Unicode User Interface Language") or "UILUET" ("User Interface
>> Language Using English Tags") -- highlighting one minor aspect of the
>> language to the exclusion of others.
>
> Hear. Hear. Wasn't Mr. Ian "Hixie" Hickson the leading advocate for
> using the XUIL acronym here on xul-talk? Is WAML the new XUIL?

Actually, I've been asking _you_ that question for something going on a
year now, in multiple e-mails, which you never answered. Including an
e-mail you specifically asked me to send so that you could reply to it,
even though you never did:

   http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7810713

Namely question 5. In the past I have often pointed at examples such as
the Z language, a very successful UI description language that doesn't use
XML (in fact, it was invented long before XML or even SGML were invented).

By limiting the scope of this forum to XML languages, you seem to be
making the same silly "highlighting one minor aspect of the language to
the exclusion of others" mistake I mentioned in my WHATWG mail, to which
you actually agreed. Go figure.

By the way, I wasn't an advocate for the name "XUIL"; I am merely an
advocate for you not using the name "XUL". This name is still present in
your sourceforge project and mailing list names, to the continuing
confusion of our users and developers.