On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Gerald Bauer wrote:

> Also note that I stress XML in the UI language because XML at its best
> is vendor neutral, language independent and operating system
> independent. Also XML at its best is just data and thus clearly
> separates the code from the markup in contrast to lets say Java, C# or
> Tcl/Tk.

There's nothing about XML that makes it more vendor neutral, language
independent and operating system independent than, say, C++. It's a
meta-format -- anything, including vendor-specific, language-dependent,
operating-system-dependent markup -- can be written in XML. For example
the Java compiler could use XML as its bytecode output format, if it
really wanted to (vendor- and language- specific XML). And XAML is an XML
language (vendor- and operating system- specific XML).