Hello Ian,

> By limiting the scope of this forum to XML
> languages, you seem to be
> making the same silly "highlighting one minor aspect
> of the language to
> the exclusion of others" mistake I mentioned in my
> WHATWG mail, to which
> you actually agreed. Go figure.

  The scope of xul-talk is in no way limited to XML UI
language formats only. I encourage everyone to explore
alternative non-xml compact syntax formats. I've even
written up a paper titled "XUL Compact Syntax Study" a
while back. See
http://xul.sourceforge.net/compact.html

  Also if you recall we had a dicussion here on
xul-talk about alternative compact syntax formats
before. Of course, you didn't participate because
obviously that's not on your agenda. If you want to
kick off a new discussion and suggest better non-xml
syntax alternatives, you're more than welcome.

  Also note that I stress XML in the UI language
because XML at its best is vendor neutral, language
independent and operating system independent. Also XML
at its best is just data and thus clearly separates
the code from the markup in contrast to lets say Java,
C# or Tcl/Tk.

  - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

XUL Alliance | http://xul.sourceforge.net
United XAML  | http://xaml.sourceforge.net

Interested in hiring Gerald Bauer? Yes, I'm available.

If you know of an opportunity in Toronto or Vancouver,
please contact me today.