On Friday, 10 March, 2006, Joshua Schachter said:

>Philip King wrote:
>
>>The URL view is suddenly more complicated and less useful.
>>Why on earth stop showing people's tags? That was the best
>>feature!
>
>Because the view we had sucked, and I am trying to improve
>it.
>
>When there were more than dozens of bookmarks for a given
>url (which happens a lot) it was a lot of ink for no real
>use (how many would you click on?)
>

The most useful part of that view was getting an instant overview of
the other tags people had applied to the same URL, but now if I want
to see how someone else has tagged it I have to click their user-name
in the posting history and then hunt around for their entry for that
URL. Is there a quicker way to do this which I've overlooked?

In some ways the *least* interesting information is the user-name,
because I don't know any of these people from Adam, it's how they tag
their links which is the intersting part.

I appreciate that you are trying to improve things but I also feel
that the service has become successful *because* of the way it was
configured, not in spite of it.
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to