> I want to minimize the number of cluttered links; I don't really think the
> big pile of links is all that useful. I remain unconvinced that people click
> on the tag links.

The value is not in the clickability of the links, but in the
information conveyed by their names. This is processed by scanning the
links visually, rather than by clicking them, which is thus a useless
metric about what value they add. Human perception is exceptional at
processing this kind of data, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and
it's one of those many things that made Del.icio.us very useful for
all sorts of things never planned for in advance.

If the tag link clickability is for some reason a nail in your eye
(though it makes little sense to me), by all means cut the linkedness
aspect. But the textual data is valuable, to researchers and casual
human readers alike. So keep that. Decent compromise?

--
 / Johan Sundström, http://ecmanaut.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to