Well, I am still quite new to learning ZB and I have not even begun to
learn ZBLL, but for ZBF2L, it seems very very easy.  I still get some
amnesia, but the ZBF2L I have learned so far (just under 50%) has been
quite easy to learn (both learning algs and recognition).  I think
with enough practice, ZBF2L will be require no more recognition time
than Fridrich F2L and as little as .5 second additional time for
execution.  This would require looking ahead during the 3rd pair, but
that is something that should definitely be practiced.  As Chris
mentioned, this will also require doing ZBF2L into any slot, though I
think that is something that will not require an insane amount of
additional work (only a crazy amount). :)

I won't offer any ideas about ZBLL recognition yet because I haven't
begun to think about it, but I do not think it will be required to
recognize any case from seeing only two sides to "master" ZB.  Maybe
to become as proficient in it as possible, it might, but I don't even
do this for Fridrich.  I know I am not a very fast Fridrich solver,
but I have a 5-6 second LL using my recognition system, and it is my
14-15 second F2L that keeps me from getting more sub-20 averages. ;)
I have several ideas for ZBLL recognition based on the little that I
know, but I haven't done a thorough analysis of cases yet to see if
any of them will work.

~ Bob