--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Orienting corners has the most cases by a long shot.  I think to learn
> how to orient all the corners is 27 possible cases for whichever way
> you insert them.  Taking that a step further, learning to orient edges
> and corners with the last pair is 432 cases, including reflections,
> just using case 1 insertions.  This is only 126 cases more than ZBF2L.
>  This reduces the entire last layer to a PLL case.  That makes for
> 432+21=453 cases for the method, which is just over half of what's
> required for ZB, and your PLL cases are all easy to recognize.

I think, though, the recognition for this step would be pretty easy in
comparison to ZBLL, right?  Recognizing only OLL should not be TOO
difficult.  You should still even be able to determine OLL case by
looking only at the LL because the twist on the corners is fixed and
you can't have an odd number of flipped edges.  Let's ignore
reflections because they're trivial. ;)  So that is only 216 (assuming
your math is right, I didn't double check it) in order to have a
2-look LL.  Of course, there is still the 3 or so moves to consider to
get into the Case1 situation, but it is *almost* always trivial.  Has
anybody considered what the recognition would be like for this case?

~ Bob